Thursday, June 5, 2014

50/50, we meet once again.....

Back in 2010, I was accepted in to my first 50/50 show and then again in 2011, I was accepted for my second.  Some may have no idea what a 50/50 show is; its grueling, its exciting, its inspiring, its stressful and its the most rewarding art show ever I have been in. It is 50 days of creating 50 pieces of art on a 6x6 panel. It looks a little something like this.


and this


You can imagine my surprise, when I was selected for this year's show as well. I was at the art center the day the emails when out and the administrator, a friend of mine, said oh, "I saw your name on the list" with a smile. I have entered this show for the last 5 years, it is all in the hands of the juror. I use my instinct and the idea which forms in my mind for a theme, I never know the juror or the style. So when she mentioned that she saw my name, I figured it was the list of all entries, 175 artists submitted and 69 were selected. I never checked my email until late that evening, she was the one who sent out the emails, and it was an amazing feeling. With this show, you are excited that you chosen and, for those of us who have been apart of it before, you are excited when you aren't.  

This is the 6th annual 50/50 and it begins June 9th and ends July 29. As for my theme, DARK/LIGHT, a series of silhouettes in painting, collage and photography. 

I plan on documenting this as best I can. I begin today. I hope you will join me on this journey.  


No comments:

Post a Comment