Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wandering interrupted

Sometimes great plans are altered by life. Nothing major has happened to alter mine, just day to day things, new art gallery opening, getting a run or two in, and helping the niece with her class project. It all helps in the creativeness of my life, but frustrates me all the same. Having said all this and making a promise to myself that I would post weekly, I decided that I would pull from my favorite images and talk about them, my plan B when I am interrupted.

Last year, I created a series of 50 images from the Stairways in San Francisco. This was one of my favorites, simply because someone wrote "Take It Easy" on a stone bench half way up this flight of stairs. While walking Fort Mason, I came accross these amazing stairs. Yes, they were long and looking from the bottom to the top very daunting, but all you can do is take one step at a time. Finding the writing on the wall was the encouraging voice inside your head that is needed to give you the extra boost to keep walking up those stairs.

We rush and stress so much in life, when really, perhaps all we need to do is just "Take It Easy". I did stress when I wasn't on my plan for updating my blog. Than I just took a step back and realized there are other ways to update with out some grand theme. Life is all about the steps in order to get where we want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment